Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pappers Update!

Well, on Saturday Joe, Braxton and myself headed up to the hospital, to deliver the latest artwork for Pappers.
Upon arriving, we found Tony and Tamara and kids ( Joe's bro) and Joe's mom Kathy.
They were all in the visiting room and had all- except the kids- been able to pop in and visit with Pappers.

This time around, I went in to visit with Joe, as in the past, I was sick and did not want to risk giving it to him.
While in there visiting, he was very tired and seemed lethargic. They were making him sit in a chair, VS the bed, to keep him awake.
We gave him the artwork, and he liked it.
He has the breathing tube out, and had a oxygen mask/ humidifier on his face to help with the pneumonia.
As we were about to leave, the nurse told us we could stay longer, and we explained that we had better get out there to update Pappers shadow ( Braxton ) well, to our surprise the nurse said to bring him in to visit. Note: Children are not allowed in the ICU unit-
So we explained that he was young, and she still insisted, and gave us a 2 min. visit.
So I headed out to get my midge and grandma, and told Midgie that Pappers looked different, and he is sick. I think all in all, he handled it well.
We got to the room, and he knew it was pappers, but when pappers reached out his hand for Braxton's, Braxton stepped back. He was a little scared, but stayed there and told Pappers that he missed him, loved him, and wanted to play race cars and go fishing really soon.
We weren't in there the full 2 min. as I knew it was hard on them both.
So we said good bye, and went out to the waiting room, where he didn't say anything really.
As of today, he is doing okay. We were told the other day that he may have to lose a toe, possibly two, but as of last night, they think that the tissue "may" grow back or heal itself. I think this is due to no circulation, while he was in the drug induced coma.
We are also hearing that once he gets "better" he will need to possibly be moved to a physical therapy center.
As far as anyone in the family taking care of him, I think that it would be better to hire out help, as with family and friends ,he might not listen as well.
Joe is going to head up there tonight for a visit, and deliver some more art work....

2 comments:

Dave and Britt said...

Oh man, what a long recovery. It hurts my heart. I'm glad he has you guys though. I'm glad Braxton got to visit. I bet it meant the world the "pappers"

Wilson Family said...

I am glad that things are looking up for you. That is so cute that Braxton does Artwork for Pappers. I hope you are feeling well, and keep us informed