Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks!


It is that time of year again. Thanksgiving, so much to ponder, so much to be thankful for.

I feel I have had a pretty blessed life. I also know, it has had many ups and downs, but I am so thankful for the downs, since they have made me who I am today.

I actually like myself these days, minus my weight, I feel pretty good.

I like that I have friends, and that I have met so many wonderful people, who like me too.

I guess I am a likeable girl, somthing I really didn't believe til recently.

I have a magnificent family. My mother adores me, and so does my brother.

My step dad is a great dad to me, along with a grandfather to my children.

My brother and Cynthia, are making a huge effort to be a part of my children's and my life.

My dad has recently come back into my life. Although we have missed out on 9 years, I am thankful for the future we have.

My step mom and I have developed a beautiful friendship and she is a wonderful doting grandmother to my children.

My inlaws and I have been also developing more deep relationships, and I am thankful for the roles they play so well in my children's lives and in ours.

Old friends and new, reconnecting, and future. I am blessed with my close knit family of friends, who give support and love to me, even during my bad moments!

I am thankful for extended family , and for finally getting to know them and their families. I have missed out on so much! So have they.

I have recently gone back to work, and I am so thankful for the self confidence it has given me, along with the ability to meet and help new people.

I have led a life that hasn't always been the best, I have done some things I am ashamed of, hurt people who didn't deserve it, and through it all, I am thankful for the compassion and forgiveness of others.

All of that has lead me to my most prized possessions, the true loves of my life, my husband and my two beautiful, healthy children.

Without our "team" I don't know who, or where I would be.

I have a prince charming, who looks past all of my faults and kisses my forehead every morning as he has for the past 12 years, only 4 mornings, he hasn't.

I have my other prince charming, who holds me, when mommy isn't having a good day, who asks me if I still love him, although he had an accident in his pants.

Of course I do, although I don't love the act.

I have a daughter, who in her eyes, I can again see the innocence of a child. The wonder she has, as she views something new.

I am very thankful that I have become a less judging person, although I still have my moments.

I hope to love everyone for who they are, not dislike for what they do.

I am thankful that we are all different in so many ways.

We are black or white, straight or gay, American, or Hispanic, a mom or not.

We are all different, which adds so much more excitement to this world.

Some of us brilliant with numbers, some of us not.

We help and teach eachother, most of all , we love.

I am thankful that I love so deeply. That I put my all in relationships.

I love the way I love the people in my life. I celebrate that.

I am blessed to be able to have the ability to speak my mind. To see things the way I do, yet be open to others.

I have my own choices, and I make them on my own.

I am thankful for that first beer, from that I learned , but it took a long time. How about that first boyfriend? Who taught me about letting go.
My critters who have stayed with me through thick and thick, oh and thin!
Even though the door is open to leave, they all come back to me!

Most of all, I am thankful that you are around to read this.

You are there for me, and there for my family.

I hope you continue your unconditional love and support for me and my beautiful little family, during my good times and bad, my ups and downs, and always be by my side, even if you aren't on my side.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Much love,

Jen

2 comments:

Brittney said...

You, my dear, have a gift with words. That was beautiful, moving and honest. I enjoyed every moment of reading it. You are amazing!!!

Kati said...

That was absolutly enjoyable to read. It truely touched my heart! Dang! I just read what Brit wrote and it is just like what I am writing! Anyway, I will go on with my thoughs :) YOu have become someone remarkable! I love how not only do you really feel this way, you live it and you write about it. Writing about it is key, because it is a way that is easy to learn from- for those of us who need lessons in life spelled out to us! Thank you Jen for being someone I can call on if I need a shoulder to cry on, for being someone who cares about not only how a person is doing, but how a person is feeling, for being someone who has learned from lifes experiences and GROWN from them! You ARE AMAZING!!! And you are loved by us and all around you!