Friday, February 12, 2010

Inspiring, yet sad week...







This week has been a rollercoaster of emotions, at our household.



Sunday night, around half time of the super bowl, my dad noticed a firetruck 3 houses up.



As I sat thinking, " I hope it is not Christi" my feeling went away, as she had CONQUERED breast cancer, so I thought.



Apparently, it had spread to her spine and lungs, leaving her bedridden, and spending months at a time in the hospital.



How did I not know this? Braxton plays with her two boys......



Sure enough, the ambulance, took her away, and apparently, within the hour, she passed away.



1 good thing: She was watching the superbowl with her family, kids, siblings, parents, etc. She was able to see most of them, and how special that had to be.






Christi was a private lady, 32 years old, married, and had 3 boys, 2 of which are 4 and 8.



She was always outside with her kids while they played, and so welcoming of the other kids to come around too.



I had the opportunity after my surgery to really have a heart to heart with her, where she spoke of her breast cancer battle, her life, her kids and more.



That day was quite an inspiring one.






You see, I have only known 1 other person that passed away from Breast cancer, my aunt. I am so hurt to say, that I did not know her well, as I was an adult.



I was not there for my cousins, when she passed, nor my uncle. Certainly not because I didn't want to be, but because I didn't know how, and here I am, almost a stranger to my own family, how will they react to me?



That was just plain stupid of me~ In the past few years, I have been so lucky to get to know these cousins, and how beautiful they are inside and out. I have also been lucky to get to know my aunt better, through them. They are amazing! They watched their mother battle this sickness, helped and loved her through it all.



Even my uncle ( as we know, a lot of men can't handle this ) was by her side, taking care of her, showing that unconditional love he had for her. So deep.



So here I sit, wondering what to do to help, thinking I should back off.... Nope, not me, I am not doing that again!



I am going to help, love, or whatever either close or from a distance. These two little boys are Braxton's buddies. They are my buddies too!



She welcomed my son, I welcome theirs.



Braxton really wanted to do something for them, so we took over a basket of games and books yesterday, expecting to be turned away, but nope.



With all of the sorrow and pain, this man is going through, he reached out, patted Braxton on the head, and said Hi Bud! WOW! How inspiring. In his hurt, he still knows to love. How come we all can't be like this? This shows me, what a great, loving, WONDERFUL, family they really are.






So, the inspiring part?



I am on a mission! Nope, sorry family, not an LDS one! A Breast Cancer one!



I WANT TO HELP!~ WE NEED TO HELP!



So, my next show, and those after are going to be dedicated to the people diagnosed with breast cancer, AND THEIR FAMILIES!



I want them to know that they are loved, and will never be forgotten.



We will be doing raffles at our shows, with the ticket sales going to the families of a loss, or the Susan G Komen foundation.



I will also be selling breast cancer ribbon jewelry, pens and more, and donating 100% of the profit, again, to the families, or the foundations!



What more can WE do? Let's wear those ribbons, let's wear pink, or red, or whatever color to show support, let's donate time, energy, and money to these wonderful foundations and people.



You never know, it could be you, or someone you love, or even it has been you.



Let's find a cure! We are losing so many beautiful people in this world, to such a sad, sickness, and you know what, it is not just the person diagnosed with cancer that has it, it is the ENTIRE FAMILY!






Please help, you can click on the Susan G Komen Link to make a donation, or come out to one of our shows and buy a raffle ticket, or better yet, a ribbon.






I want to end this with telling my beautiful cousins:






I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I am so sorry for not being there for you.



I love you all, and am here for you now. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you.



Your mother loved you each so much, and your memories of her will be what you have left to cherish and share with your children.






Much love,



Jen






PS



You can see pic's of the items on my blog:



3 comments:

Amber Lynn said...

Love you sweetheart!!!!

Kati said...

Jen that is so hard to have that happen so sudden to a friend. I am so sorry. Those poor kids... That was very nice what you said about my family, but you really don't give youself enough credit. If it wasn't for you, it is likly that most of my family would have nothing to do with the Wilson family. YOU are what has kept us from being strangers. Really I thank you.

Breast cancer has taken a lot of very good lifes. This is a great cause to support. You are blessing to many many people Jen. Love ya!

Wilson Family said...

You are so inspiring...I really admire you and look up to you. You make a difference in this world, and that truly touches me Jen.. Thank you for being a wonderful example to me